Monday, December 5, 2011

Pulled Pork Tacos

Pulled Pork Tacos

The recipe came from Real Simple. I used Pork Tenderloin instead of Pork Shoulder because it's leaner, and added an onion because I like onion.

8 servings

2 Cups Salsa (I used Medium)
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
2 Tbsp Dried Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 Medium Onion Chopped
2 lbs. Pork Tenderloin

Combine first 6 ingredients in the slow cooker. Add Pork Tenderloin, turn to coat.

Cook in 4-6 quart slow cooker 6.5-7 hours on low.

When pork pulls apart easily, shred the pork using 2 forks and stir into cooking liquid.

I served it on corn tortillas with reduced fat sour cream, lime, and cilantro. My husband had it with corn tortillas and cheese. We both loved it and are looking forward to having it again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment